The term "content" used in the present page is to be understood as follows: “content” signifies any type of information, work, text, video, sound, animation, photograph or image contained on the website.
The Code de la Propriété Intellectuelle (Intellectual Property Code) authorises, according to the terms of paragraphs 2 and 3 of article L. 122-5, on the one hand, “copies or reproductions strictly reserved for the private use of the copyist and not destined for collective use” and, on the other hand, subject to the author and source being named, “analyses and short quotations as justified by the critical, polemic, educational, scientific or informative nature.” Any other representation or reproduction, by any process, particularly via download or print-out, will therefore constitute an infringement sanctioned by articles L 335-2 et seq. of the Code de la Propriété Intellectuelle (Intellectual Property Code).
Therefore, you are authorised to access, download and print any page of content on a temporary file for your own personal use. With the exception of original works published online and subject to a technological protection measure, in accordance with the dispositions of the Directive of 22 May 2001 on “the harmonisation of certain copyrights and related rights in an information society” (Dir. 2001/29/EC, 22 May 2001, JOCE 22 June, no. L 167, p.10), the reproduction of the pages of this website is authorised on a paper medium, to the exclusion of any other and subject to the observance of the three following cumulative conditions:
- free distribution;
- respect of the integrity of the content reproduced (no modification or alteration) provided that the source is mentioned;
- explicit citation of the website of the musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac (http://www.quaibranly.fr or m.quaibranly.fr) as the source and mention that the rights of reproduction are reserved and strictly limited to private copying.
The entire content published on the websites http://www.quaibranly.fr and m.quaibranly.fr, is the exclusive property of the musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac or the third party from which it has obtained the exploitation rights. Consequently, any total or partial representation or reproduction, made without the consent of the author or their assignees, is illicit (art. L 122-4 of the French CPI).
Any use as described above requires prior written authorisation.
- extraction, manipulation, modification of content in any way;
- dissemination, radio broadcasting, exhibition, public representation of content;
- storage of content on any media, including the extraction of database, computer programme or website;
- renting or lending of content;
- exploitation or commercial publication of content in any way;